- Simple Spicy Chickpea Hummus
- This is such a tasty and satisfying snack that you can put together in minutes!
• 3 cups of cooked chickpeas
• 1/2 cup cooking water from the chickpeas
• 2 lemon, juiced
• 1 or 2 green chiles
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
• 1/2 cup sesame seeds
• 1 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. To cook the chickpeas, soak them overnight in plenty of water. Drain, put them in a pressure cooker, and cover them with fresh water by 1-inch. Cook for about 20 minutes in the pressure cooker. When the chickpeas are done be sure to reserve some of the chickpea cooking water for later.
3. Now it is time to make the sesame paste (also called tahini). Dry roast in a small sauce pan the sesame seeds on medium heat. Do NOT let sesame seeds turn too brown. They should only be slightly golden and then immediately removed from the pan or the cooking process will continue, even with no flame.
5. Immediately place the sesame seeds in the blender and add a little olive oil at a time and blend the seeds until you have a nice smooth paste.
7. Now add all the remaining ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
9. Here is what it should look like. If the mixture is to thick add a little cooking water at a time until you have the desired consistency. Now you are ready to offer to Kṛṣṇa!
Post view 325 times