One of the holy mountains. This mountain has great Puranic importance.
(1) After slaughtering the Ksatriyas to extinction sage Parasurama made #Mahendra his place of abode. (Sloka 53, Chapter 129, Atli Parva).
(2) Once Arjuna visited the mountain Mahendra. (Sloka 13, Chapter 214, Adi Parva).
(3) The presiding deity of this mountain sits in the court of Kubera worshipping him. (Sloka 30, Chapter 10, Sabha Parva).
(4) If one bathes in the pond of Ramatirtha on the top of this mountain one would get the benefit of performing an Mvamedhayaga. (Sloka 16, Chapter 85, Vana Parva).
(5) Brahma once went to this mountain and conducted a yaga there. (Sloka 22, Chapter 87, Vana Parva).
(6) Yudhisthira during his pilgrimage visited this mountain. (Sloka 30, Chapter 114, Vana Parva).
(7) Parasurama gave a darsana (Interview) to Yudhisthira on a Caturdasi day on this mountain. (Sloka 16, Chapter 117, Vana Parva).
(8) Hanuman when he was going in search of Sita visited this mountain also along with the other monkeys. (Sundara Kanda, Valmiki Ramayana).
Post view 37 times from March 2020