What are the duties for a man who wants to be happy in this world and in the next?
You must avoid three acts of the body:
1) Destroy the life of other creatures.
2) Steal the belongings of others.
3) Enjoy another man’s wife.
He must also avoid the four acts that make mistakes when speaking:
1) Unnecessary conversations.
2) Rudeness when speaking.
Also, avoid the three acts of the mind:
1) Coveting the possessions of others.
2) Injuring others.
3) Not believing in the instructions of the Scriptures.
If a man avoids these ten acts, he will surely pass through this world pleasantly and reach a good place in the next …
From the Maha-bharata.
Post view 313 times